These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- be accurate (where they state facts)
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions)
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person
- contain any material which is misleading or unreliable
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- promote sexually explicit material
- promote violence
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade–mark of any other person
- be likely to deceive any person
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- promote any illegal activity
- be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any other person
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse
Uploading material to the Website
Linking to the Website
- You may link to the Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage the reputation of Timebanking UK or take advantage of it either commercially or non-commercially. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on the part of Timebanking UK where none exists
- You will remove any such link immediately if requested by Timebanking UK
- Intellectual Property Rights
All Content on the Website is the copyright of Timebanking UK or third parties
- You may view the Content on screen. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use the Content in any way except for non- commercial personal or educational use
- You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the Content except for non-commercial personal or educational use. Any other use of the Content requires the prior written permission of Timebanking UK
- The status of Timebanking UK (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of any Content must always be acknowledged
- If you copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use the Content in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use the Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made
- The names, images and logos identifying Timebanking UK or any other third parties referred to on the Website and their products and services may be subject to copyright, design rights or trade–mark rights. These trademarks may not be reproduced without the consent of the relevant owners. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trademark, design right or copyright of Timebanking UK or any other third party.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the terms upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site
- issue of a warning to you
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs on a solicitor and client basis) resulting from the breach
- further legal action against you
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
Timebanking UK aims to make our website accessible and usable by people of all abilities and disabilities, including those with visual, hearing, cognitive or motor impairments.