WHEN AND WHERE CAN I GET INVOLVED?
The short answer is anywhere and anytime! It depends on the offers and the requests, and it may be that some are not feasible for a range of reasons. Generally, timebanking works best within a local community, where improving the lives of those in the community is a common goal.
Find your nearest time bank here.
What happens when I join?
Timebanking follows five steps:
- People list the skills and experience they can offer and those they may need.
- Everyone’s skills are valued equally – one hour always equals one time credit.
- Everyone agrees to give and to receive help, to earn and to spend their time credits.
- A record is kept of all the time credits earned and spent, usually using TBUK’s bespoke Time Online 2 platform.
- Everyone is encouraged to spend their time credits, so everyone has the chance to make a difference and feel needed.
Find out more about how timebanking works.